"I have no idea how he knows when I need him. We can go weeks without speaking, and then, when my blue moods threaten to turn black, he will show up and tell me my moods are
and suddenly the blue will not seem so dark, more like the color of a noon-bright sky. He brings the sun."
David Levithan (The Realm Of Possibility)
(Source: larmoyante, via iamcharliesangel)
Song of the Day 10/19/12
Ohio Players // "Ecstasy"
One of the funkiest cuts you’ll ever hear. If you’re a fan of Jay and B.I.G., you might recognize the beat…
things that have been on my mind lately.
- I finally made it to the university and I’ve made it thru my first week.
- I electric slid alllll the way to my niece Thursday mornting.
- Friday mornting, I woke up and I felt like it was raining outside. the ceiling fell thru. it amazes me how much we don’t think of the things that coincide with other things…. I was ready to wash my hands friday evening. I was ready to wash my clothes and I was ready to put this water in the pot to make the macaroni then I realized I turned the water off for the entire house..
- I’d like to say I’m “old school”… I’d like to say that due to the age of my parents. my Mama a bad ass mother, who don’t take no crap off of nobody! I have 9 years with 4 months left to deliver my child.
- I text my daddy and he actually text me back.
- a woman told me I was being fake because I was rapping Tupac’s Nothing But Love… that comment has stuck with me for over a year now. she didn’t know I get down for Tupac? maybe she just didn’t pay attention? nonetheless, we don’t speak much anymore.
- these technological apologies. I’ve been going back and forth with them. people who apologize via any type of technology but know so much about me. we meet again; nothing. these technological apologies have me confused.
- is it attention? what is it. do you actually have to apologize? no.
- this man who comes to my job basically told me I “have” to work. I felt Joe Clark. I don’t have to do nothing but stay Black and die.
- my life is of choices.
"Don’t let the smooth taste fool you"
Used when referring to a person who thinks you are unwilling or unable to defend yourself because of your looks, charms or sophisticated behavior.- (African American Proverbs) (via blackproverbs
"a time to be born, and a time to die
a time to plant, and a time to uproot
a time to kill and a time to heal
a time to break down and a time to build up
a time to weep and a time to laugh
a time to mourn and a time to dance
a time to throw away stones and a time to gather stones
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing
a time to seek and a time to lose
a time to keep and a time to throw away
a time to tear and a time to sew
a time to be silent and a time to speak
a time to love and a time to hate
a time for battle and a time for peace.
what has been is what will be
and what has been done is what will be done
and there is nothing new under the sun."
the preacher, son of david
a long, long time ago (via organicsomethings
"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy."
Maya Angelou (via purplebuddhaproject
Roy Ayers - Everybody Loves The Sunshine
Somehow, I’ve got this crazy idea in my head that each human being has a soul and that the body is merely a shell, a vessel, in which to experience this reality, and that infinite love is the only truth, and everything else is illusion
Signs of a Great Person
1. They’re not easily offended, and don’t take things personally
2. They’re accepting, non-judgmental and always want the best for you
3. They respect others’ perspectives, needs and boundaries
4. They listen well to others, and try to see their point of view
5. They’re kind and understanding, warm, respectful and accepting
6. They’re trustworthy and loyal, and they think the best of you
Does this remind you of anyone? A role model?